CHRIST CHURCH ANGLICAN CHURCH
The first recorded Anglican service in this township was conducted by Rev. J.M. Watson on 1st January, 1889 and Christ Church Anglican Church was officially opened, ten years later, on Wednesday 18th October 1899. The original altar rail and the hymn board were bequests from E. Proud and the Sartain family respectively and the organ was donated by parishioners. The cross on the wall above the altar was made and donated more recently by local builder and parishioner, Gary Burnhardt.
Christ Church Anglican Church is in the process of being restored. Stumps have been replaced, water drainage attended to, and weatherboards replaced. We are now commencing the painting – inside and out – followed by some new doors and carpet. Ways of further improving access to the building at both the front- and back-doors are being investigated.
This building is now 120 years old. If you would like to help secure the future of Christ Church through a financial or in-kind contribution to the restoration of this historic building, please contact our Parish Priest to discuss how this might best be achieved at [email protected].
11.30am Second Sunday of the month
4th Sunday – Ecumenical Service - see below
Church Street, Bonnie Doon
As part of the commitment to Ecumenism in Bonnie Doon, members of the Uniting Church join with us in the Anglican Church on the 2nd Sunday of the month. On the 4th Sunday of each month, we join with members of the Uniting Church, also in Church Street, Bonnie Doon, for a Uniting Church service.